Sunday, January 22, 2012

Storyland Yoga - Indoor Fun & Exercise Too!


Being a children's dance and creative movement teacher, I use a story format with my students while we are stretching on the floor during class, so I was really interested to see yoga taught to children using this same type of approach. And I must say - Storyland Yoga did not disappoint! Abby and Noah have loved going on "Condor Treks" to return baby Condor eggs to their nests. We've also ventured to the ocean to help save a beached whale  - the second story on the dvd. The scenery is absolutely BEAUTIFUL for both stories. Sunshine, green grass, tall trees, sparkling ocean, crashing waves...I'm a little partial to the "Save A Whale" story just because it feels like you are at the beach in your living room!

The instructor, Ahmed Fahmy, is great too. He genuinely engages with the kids in the dvd and makes the viewer feel like you are right there with them. Not only is it a good workout (for both mom & kids), but the yoga stories also stretch the imagination as the kids do different poses to become dolphins, mermaids, crocodiles, snakes, mountain lions, bears, and tall swaying trees...


Who knew yoga could be so interactive and fun? Storyland Yoga has definitely helped rescue the kids and I from the winter blahs by getting us moving, playing, and "saving whales" together. We've really enjoyed it!


*Disclosure: I received a free Storyland Yoga dvd  from Playful Planet in exchange for this review. Originally posted January 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and ideas from YOU are simply awesome!