Thursday, April 26, 2012

Go Bananas for Teacher Appreciation Week!

Teacher Appreciation week was definitely my FAVORITE week of the year when I was teaching elementary school. Muffins in the teachers' lounge each morning, luncheons, goodies, flowers, sweet cards from the kids and parents...it was AWESOME.

Since I'm now on the giving end with my kiddos being in school, I am happy to return those gestures of appreciation to their fabulous teachers. This was a fun one that I put together for Abby's teacher when she was in Kindergarten. It was a big hit (especially since her teacher was on a diet!) -


(Yay for clipart!)

And these went along with the poster - gotta love banana pops!



Her teacher had two young boys so I thought this would be fun activity for them to do as a family too. She commented several times how much she loved the idea, and the class really liked having that monkey hanging around in their classroom all week!


*Teacher Appreciation week starts May 7th so more ideas to come! Would LOVE for you share your ideas too! 


2 comments:

  1. thanks for the awesome idea!! we will make use of this! maybe i can make some banana bread or banana muffins OR the new banana peanut butter crunch cookies i made. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh! Yum! Love banana-infused baked goods! :)

      Delete

Comments and ideas from YOU are simply awesome!