It's no secret, especially considering that my last two posts have involved treats, that I have a big sweet tooth - a quality that bonds me with my awesome friend, mom of 5, and baker extraordinaire, Jenny. She texted me that she was making a batch of these little beauties this past Friday for a party she was hosting and kindly offered to write up a post and share the recipe. Thanks, Jen!!!
Directly from Jenny's kitchen:
Directly from Jenny's kitchen:
these cookies are absolutely amazing and super duper easy too!! They were a big hit with the kids...and the moms. :)
birthday cake cookies:
1 stick melted butter
1 box yellow cake mix (i use betty crocker super moist)
1 egg
1 TBS. milk
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
mix all together until a soft dough forms...then drop by tablespoon onto a cookie sheet. bake for about 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
frosting:
whipping cream
butter
vanilla
powdered sugar
salt
you might think i'm nuts but i just combine these things until it seems just right. start with one stick of softened butter and just add 1 c. of powdered sugar and 1 TBS. of cream (you can use milk if you don't have cream) alternately until it is the texture and taste that you like. toss in 1-2 tsp. of vanilla and a pinch of salt (again, depending on your taste).
you could also just use a tub of pre-made frosting but honestly, homemade frosting is so good and so easy!!
then make sandwiches with two cookies and some frosting. then roll in confetti sprinkles.
Seriously, how cute are those? What a fun alternative to taking birthday cupcakes to school too. I'm sure my kids will love helping make these - especially rolling them in those confetti sprinkles!


Kelli-I like your new website! I haven't visited yet. You're right...those cookies look yummy. My son is always a fan of making cookies. I know, weird kid.
ReplyDelete